The tart and sweet taste of strawberries and coconut’s creamy, nutty flavor is a match made in heaven. Combining these two flavors creates a unique new dessert that will leave your mouth wanting more. Strawberries and coconut are both delicious on their own but put them together, and it’s like taking two great things and making them even better.
Coconut Cream With Strawberries
Whipped coconut cream is the ultimate comfort food with a rich, sweet flavor that will take you back to your childhood days. It’s great on its own as an ice cream topping too. We like ours lightly whipped with any number of flavors from chocolate sauce-filled silk pie Deluxe mixture right up through strawberry shortcake mix.
- Full fat coconut milk – fifteen ounces
- Vanilla extract – one teaspoon
- Sliced strawberries – one pound
- Hazelnuts – half cup
- Powdered sugar – two tablespoons
- To get a sweet pour, put the coconut milk in the fridge overnight. You can also put it in the freezer for 1 hour but don’t let it freeze solid.
- With a normal can opener, open the BOTTOM of the chilled coconut milk can and drain the liquid into a container.
- Scoop the cold coconut fat into a mixing bowl and add in vanilla. Beat on high speed for about two minutes, until it becomes nice and fluffy.
- If the mixture seems dry, you can add reserved coconut oil
- For another 1-3 minutes, continue beating the mixture so that it starts to look like whipped cream
- You can refrigerate it as the mixture will stay fluffy for an extended time.
- One a dry skillet over medium heat, place the hazelnuts and shake and toast them for about 4-6 minutes.
- Wrap them into a clean towel and remove their skins and chop them
- On the serving plate, place the coconut cream, chopped nuts, and sliced berries.
Related: Types of Strawberries | Harvesting Strawberries – Do they ripen fast? | When is strawberries blooming season? | How to prevent squirrels from eating your strawberries | Do Strawberries Come Back Every Year?
Strawberries are a type of berry that is low in calories. They’re high in vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and manganese, which help with muscle contraction, the immune system, the elimination of waste products from your body, and energy production, respectively.
Strawberries also contain folate, which helps prevent congenital disabilities. If you have diabetes or are at risk for it, strawberries may not be so good for you because they contain large amounts of sugar.
Coconut is an excellent source of many nutrients. It’s high in fiber, protein, and healthy fat. Coconut water can help you stay hydrated on hot days when your body needs fluids the most. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which has been shown to have antifungal and antibacterial properties that may be useful for fighting off infection during illness or injury. Studies show that coconut oil may promote weight loss because it increases calorie burn in rats by about 40%. Coconut milk is a good substitute for cow’s milk if you’re vegan or lactose intolerant since it doesn’t contain any animal products. The taste of coconut milk is very similar to cows’ milk but with a more subtle flavor.
Strawberries and coconut are the perfect match. It’s like combining two great things to create something even better. You can serve this dessert for any occasion – it’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
These ingredients come together in one dish beautifully, so try adding them to your next fruit salad or parfait recipe for an unforgettable taste sensation.